Friday, May 04, 2012

a new day

Today I decided to take a new look at the food I could eat.  I ate a thin bagel with egg whites and asparagus and mushrooms.  It was yummy and nearly filling.  I had a concoction that Laurie and I came up with for lunch which was ground turkey with taco seasons, avocado, tomato re-fried beans and fat free sour cream. It was very filling and tasty. Dinner...well, I had left over lemon fish and while good fish is not a great leftover I look forward to. 

I have still got the diarrhea and cramps that I am pretty sure are coming from the metformin.  I have been drinking diet soda and maybe....maybe, the sweeteners are bothering me.  Needless to say, Laurie is worried more than I.  I will call the doctor on Monday and talk to him about the above.

Speaking of Doctors, I made an appointment to see an endocrinologist next Wednesday.  The no Carb diet that my doctor has me on WILL KILL ME.  I want someone in the know to direct me.  SO that means the Endo and a nutritionist. I just think that my doctor is a bit to out of the know for what I need.

Tomorrow is a super busy day.....need my rest

4 comments:

  1. ok, i am catching up with you and your life.
    wow. this is significant. (i know, understatement.)

    i am glad you are blogging and i hope you will continue. praying for you tonight. (speaking of night, what can you snack on at night?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok you are a lame blogger ALREADY? c'mon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry...mom here...plan on being better before the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear crickets.... chirp chirp

    ReplyDelete